Mmmm Brains...And Doodles Swap #7!

The latest round of Doodles were due right before Halloween this year. The theme was perfect for some possible Halloween doodles - Nightmares/Dreams. I really went for more of the nightmarish evil side of things. All of my doodles ended up pretty gruesome except for 4 of my 8 zombies that were more cartoon-like and funny. These 4 zombies were much more horrific looking and a lot of fun to draw. As I was drawing them, I realized that they made a nice little family... Ma Zombie, Pa Zombie, "Junior", and Ellie-May. How nice :) LOL

I actually felt kind of bad sending these scary doodles to folks that sent out the fun, cute little dreamy cards because obviously gore and brain-eating zombies were not their thing.

I even made a little video of me drawing Ellie-May. I didn't get to make a video from start to finish because I didn't think about making a video until I had already sketched her out. I might try to do that sometime though!

 


As I often do, I was in two groups for round #7 and I also did a series of doodles that I titled "Unwanted Visitors" - each doodle was about a kind of evil entity that watches in the darkness. I really struggled with this series at first, but in the end, I like the way they turned out. I especially like the ghost appearing to the baby, the hell hounds, the devil and the grim reaper. It's a pretty dark series, but it really is nightmarish... the idea of something out there watching while you are unaware is very, very creepy to me.


To check out all the doodles from this round, go to the Doodle Swap Flickr pool. There is some really great talent out there! Check it out! :)

2 comments:

Blasé said...

I'll doodle right over there...

Anonymous said...

Those are so awesome! they're not doodles, they're works of art!