Book Review: The Artist in the Office by Summer Pierre

This book is the most useful quick read you can ever invest in. It took me half an hour to read it, but I already want to re-read it. The Artist in the Office - How to Creatively Survive and Thrive Seven Days a Week is one of those books that just "gets me" and I immediately thought of at least a half a dozen of other people who I know would love it and understand it.

In the book, Summer Pierre examines the duality of a creative person - especially a creative person who is "stuck" in a job that renders their creativity seemingly useless. Even if you have a job in the creative industry (which I do), it's easy to feel like you are leading one life for your work and another for your creative self. Pierce takes you through several scenarios that open up your mind to the positives of the "humdrum" job and talks about ways to inject creativity into your daily routine. The ultimate message is to make the most of your days, start now, and take back your life!

While it is geared toward artists and creatives, I can see VALUABLE lessons in this book for anyone who is feeling less than satisfied with their work/life balance. This book is a giant pep talk on looking on the bright side and improving your life without making radial, fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants changes.

 

2 comments:

Juggling Jason said...

Thank you for this.

Melissa said...

Just ordered my copy! I'm ready to take back my life! :)