Vintage Tablecloth Inspiration

Yesterday, as my mom was going through some family heirlooms that had been boxed away for quite some time, she found a old table cloth from the 1940's and I fell in love with it immediately! I'm not sure how table linens of the present have become to sterile and boring, but I much prefer the vibrant, feminine and fun aspect of vintage tablecloths. I was inspired to find other vintage patterns online and I just LOVE the imagery, patterns, and color palettes! Some of these can be found for sale online.

Resources:
http://www.thevintagetable.net
http://www.rickrack.com
http://www.flickr.com/groups/vintagetablecloths/

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Honey...you can decorate the dining room like that. I like it!

Patrick

Harley Dee said...

I'm glad you stopped by my blog! :) I'll have to add you to my Reader :)

Gina said...

aren't they great? i have quite a collection myself...most of them bought before the prices went thru the roof. my most favorites ones are the travel/vacation cloths. you've inspired me to maybe post some of my collection!

ps..thanks for adding me to your blog roll!

g.

Data Entry Professionals said...

Tablecloth Wholesale, Fabrics and linens offers wholesale and retail linen buyers the products to satisfy your one-stop shopping needs. Shop for Table Linens Wholesale. From a great selection of Kitchen/Dining Towels, Tablecloths, Pure Linen, Place Mats, Cloth Napkins, Guest & Dish Towels, Table Runners and more at Everyday Low Wholesale/ Discounted Prices - Direct To The Public.