It's been a while! Vacation Time!

This has been the busiest summer of my life. I am hoping that the vacation I am about to go on will be the end-cap of the last few months and then I can settle into a nice, relaxed pace again. I can't wait to get back to my creative free-time again and make and design some fun things.

We leave port out of Cape Canaveral on Saturday for a 7 day cruise in the Western Caribbean. GO AWAY HURRICANES! I took a look at the weather channel's hurricane tracker function, and it looks like Hanna will rain on us during our journey from Alabama to Florida, but will stay away from us otherwise. Ike is churning around in the ocean now at a Category 4. I hope he loses his steam and goes away. Right now, his projected path is similar to Hanna (landfall on the eastern coast rather than spinning into the Caribbean & Gulf of Mexico) so I think we are safe! Carnival says that they can "go around" tropical storms and hurricanes. Hmmm.... :)

I should have some fun photos and video when I get back!
I bought a flip video camera, a 4Gig compact flash card for my digital camera, and 2 back-up batteries so I can just keep clicking. I'll be a one-woman media show!

TTFN!

 

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm so jealous! I want to go on another cruise, but Rob has this crazy idea in his head that he'll hate it. I hope I can drag him on one sooner or later. Or I'll just have to go alone!

Jeope said...

Mary! Where you been all my life?!

devon spec said...

lol, those two... see mary, we religiously check your blog..
mel,i am like rob, i'm thinking it would be scary to go on a big boat in the middle of the ocean, but maybe i'm crazy, i dunno!

mary, you two kids have fun!!! i'm jealous of the flip. i'd love one. someday!

brian said...

Wow! Hope you had a great time at your cruise. Nothing beats a vacation after a long days of hard work! Keep up the good work and wishing you all the best.

Brian
Attractive Las Vegas Hotel Deals