Instead, I have to be at work :(
- I would rather be at home cleaning.
- I would rather be designing on my 2009 calendar.
- I would rather hang out with my husband & cat.
- I would rather be organizing my studio at home.
- I would rather be going through my vacation photos/video.
- I would rather be working on some of my current 1/4 finished craft projects.
- I would rather be doing something similar to this printmaking tutorial.
- I would rather be making myself some jewelry.
- I would rather be sewing these super easy slippers.
- I would rather be making this really cool cake/cupcake stand.
- I would rather be making my own fortune.
- I would rather be sewing this very practical plastic bag holder.
This has been the busiest summer of my life. I am hoping that the vacation I am about to go on will be the end-cap of the last few months and then I can settle into a nice, relaxed pace again. I can't wait to get back to my creative free-time again and make and design some fun things.
We leave port out of Cape Canaveral on Saturday for a 7 day cruise in the Western Caribbean. GO AWAY HURRICANES! I took a look at the weather channel's hurricane tracker function, and it looks like Hanna will rain on us during our journey from Alabama to Florida, but will stay away from us otherwise. Ike is churning around in the ocean now at a Category 4. I hope he loses his steam and goes away. Right now, his projected path is similar to Hanna (landfall on the eastern coast rather than spinning into the Caribbean & Gulf of Mexico) so I think we are safe! Carnival says that they can "go around" tropical storms and hurricanes. Hmmm.... :)
I should have some fun photos and video when I get back!
I bought a flip video camera, a 4Gig compact flash card for my digital camera, and 2 back-up batteries so I can just keep clicking. I'll be a one-woman media show!