A Savannah Wedding

Our good friend Jeremy got married this past weekend in Savannah, GA. Patrick was asked to be one of the groomsmen. We had such a great time! Jeremy is a great guy and we are both so happy he's found a nice girl. Attending this wedding was like a little mini-vacation. A nice room in a cool town surrounded by laughter and friends. The whole extended weekend was nothing but not-stop laughing. I got to meet all of Jeremy's friends and his wife's friends and they are all funny, awesome people.


The Wedding Party (R-L) Denny, Patrick, Dena, Jeremy & Jeff




Patrick and I at the church.

We didn't have too much time to venture around town, but we did get to check out the riverwalk area. It was nice and I enjoyed that atmosphere. We had a brush with fame by the river when Patrick and I spotted Wee-Man from the show JackAss!! There were a few folks asking for pictures. Later on, the guys saw him in a bar and introduced theirselves. I could kick myself for not being more agressive and saying "hi"...

The famous Bonaventure cemetery is only 7/10th of a mile from Dena & Jeremy's house. It was so beautiful. I could have roamed around there for hours. I did bring my Holga with me, but the back of the camera popped off in my bag, so I think some of the film has been compromised. I guess that just how it goes with toy cameras. Here is one simple image I took of a nice angelic headstone. This one came from my canon digital elph.




We definitely need to come back to Savannah again. It's a photographers dream. This is a great time of year to go too. The weather is great and ghost stories a plentiful near Halloween. I wanted to go on a ghost tour, but didn't have time. Luckily you'll find that those tours are year round!

 

0 comments: