On the Road Again

Wednesday I leave Alabama again on a somewhat open-ended journey to Colorado. Officially, the plane tickets say that I return after 7 days, but that may not be the case.

My mom and dad need some help while they recover from various health troubles and Patrick and I are going out there to relieve my brother who has been out there since the 13th. Summertime is the busiest time of year for me at my job. This has been a very, very challenging one indeed. I feel like I just now finished recovering from my trip to Las Vegas and now I must turn around and leave again.

My parents live in B.F.E. Yes, they do. We have a flight from Atlanta (1.5 hours away) to Dallas and then on to Denver. Then from there, we have 6 hours of driving to do. So that makes for about 16 hours of travel all together if we leave Auburn that morning. We think we'll get a room near the airport instead, so that will shave about 2 hours off our stress. Getting up at 4:30 versus getting up at 6:30 makes all the difference in the world though!

I have a feeling, I will be there longer than a week. They really need help running their business and they are not able to do it right now physically. I wish I had my summers free like my brother and his wife do because If I did, I would just bring my cat and camp out there all summer. But, I can't do it...I've got my job and my freelance work that has to be done to keep my head above water financially...

Wish me luck everyone! And if you have emailed me and haven't heard back from me, this is why!!

 

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow, that's a lot of traveling. I sure hope you'll be able to rest a bit while you're there. I hope your parents are doing well, give them lots of extra hugs.

Good luck, Mary! I'll miss your blog posts while you're away!

goldennib said...

Good luck with everything. Here's to wishing your parents a speedy recovery.

teahouse said...

Yeah, good luck getting to your parents. I'm sure they're really grateful that you're going out there to help them out.

Andy said...

Good luck, safe trip, hope you enjoy Colorado and that all turns out well. I can't wait for the photos and the trip reports. ;-)

aishwarya rai said...

well site
http://www.aishwaryaraiworld.org