Zippity Doo Dah!

We went to the Montgomery Zoo on Sunday to see the new elephants. It was quite fun. Sunday was apparently "See-animals-do-lewd-things" day. We saw a Ms. Chimpanzee pop a squat and take a pee right in front of us. Then Mr. Chimpanzee, well...You know what primates are famous for.

Then, later on, after we had driven home. We were at the ATM and saw two little kitties trying to have a family *ahem*. LOL I'm so immature. Anyways, here are some cool zoo pics I took this weekend!







Here are some other pics I thought I'd throw in of my crazy cat, Figaro. He has his game face on in the first one. And the second picture is a classic "I love to play in boxes" pose!


 

9 comments:

goldennib said...

Cute kitty. Mine used to love playing in paperbags and plastic shopping bags.

A Little Hut said...

Cute pictures! We went to the zoo today and now I feel sorry for the Houston animals. It seems from your pics that there's more room over there to roam about. :(

Andy said...

No PBS (or Discovery Channel or Animal Planet) special is complete without animals "doin' it." And, boy, they sure do get down a lot. Without preamble, too. None of this "dinner and a movie" stuff we humans indulge in. What was I talking about...? Oh, yes. The strangest thing I ever saw in a zoo was a smoking chimpanzee at the Barcelona, Spain, zoo. After he was done smoking, he tried to stub out the butt on top of his head. I'm not making this up, either. There's a reason we're at the top of the food chain.

Melissa said...

Cool zoo photos! And cute kitty!! I want a Figaro! I haven't been to the zoo in so long. Rob and I keep saying that we're going to go to the Philly Zoo as soon as it warms up. Then again, we're lazy. :)

Anonymous said...

i love how the lion and your kitty have similar poses! although i'm pretty certain your cat could kick the lion's butt. : )

you prob can't bring your cat with you to vegas huh. : (

- lori

Spencer said...

aw, the third one from the zoo is adorable. one my cats likes to get inside boxes too, its weird. lol

teahouse said...

Hahahaha...that's too cute how the cat put himself into that box...

Rurality said...

Love the cat - we used to have one that looked like that... still miss him. He definitely thought he was a person.

Love your illustrations too - you are very talented!

Anonymous said...

KRISTA:

omg....love the pics of the wild animals....BUT....i still LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE your kitty!!! please post as many pics of him as you can....he is the most adorable little guy and looks sooooo similar to my beloved kitty! :)