It's been a while!

Wow, have I been busy or what?
After tons & tons of deadlines and hard work, I took a niiiice looong weekend. friday - tuesday. Now, I am back and wishing I could be gone longer :)

Valentines Day was nice. We were going to celebrate a little early and beat the crowd by going to a nice, Greek resteraunt about 35 miles away, but we got all the way over there and they were closed on MONDAYS. Wierd, huh!?
Mary wanted a little lamb! But, we went to Johnny Carino's instead. Which was excellent as well.

Then, yesterday we exchanged gifts. Patrick got me some white gold earrings, a silver charm bracelet, 2 charms, 3 books, and a box of Choxie (I heart target). It was all so great! One of the books was a photography book of kitten & cats in Greece. Beautiful photos. The other two books were Taschen books from their "icons" series that I have been collecting. They have some really awesome imagery in them. The charms are really cool too - one is the Eiffel tower and the other is a kitten with a ball of yarn.

I got him a shirt, a pair of pants, a watch, Frantic on DVD, Penn & Teller's Bullshit Season 2,...and it seems like I'm forgetting something...

Anyways, it was nice. But, lucky for me, Valentines day is just a bonus because he's nice like that ALL the time. :)

I will have something more interesting to blog about soon. I swear.... well, I hope!

 

4 comments:

teahouse said...

Wow, awesome stash of presents! I'm seriously envying you.

I got some chocolate and a bottle of wine...but that's it!! Dude, I feel cheated!

lori said...

yay! i'm glad you added the part about patrick always being nice. : )

i used to be totally anti v-day but i think it's a good excuse to take a break from routine and go to a different place for dinner or get your sweetie a cool gift or just relax and spend some time with each other.

and it's a good reason for my husband to buy me godiva chocolates and a bouquet of white tulips. : D

Mary said...

Patrick likes buying presents. He is awesome year-round.He has a hard time keeping them from me until the holiday. At Christmas he gave me one thing early because he couldn't stand it :)

Lori, you are right. Vday makes more sense the busier you get in life. It is just a major reminder to slow down and break the routine. I was never too anti-vday even though I spent like ALL my life until Patrik without a Vday sweetheart. It just never worked out that way for me until him.

But, he's the best valentine ever :)

Anonymous said...

KRISTA:

that is so kick ass. i have always been a big fan of v-day, even all the years i was single. some people say it's too commercialized, etc. i say taking some time to celebrate love is a wonderful idea. :)