Illustration Friday - E is for Enormous



>>click image to enlarge<<

Here is my 2nd attempt at Illustration Friday. This time I'll actually have it done in time to add it to the website list. Yay! So far this is a lot of fun and really helps me fill up a sketchbook. I like "assignments".

My technique this time was nothing fancy. Sketchbook drawings until I got it how I wanted it then I scanned it in and used photoshop for the color. It is like a high-tech coloring book page, basically. Which is fun, so why not?

 

17 comments:

AnastasiaC said...

what a jolly little fellow he is!!

LudaChristian said...

Looks like he's been hittin' the sweets HARD! :)

Duncan said...

Dig that hat! Nice illo.

goldennib said...

He's adorable. Nicely done.

Queen Tut said...

Cute character. I like the sweets falling out of his pocket! LOL

the painted pear said...

He is cute, round, enormous! I too like the candy falling out of his pockets and his little helicopter cap.

steve said...

Enormous indeed--nice drawing. I really like the whale one too!

catnapping said...

I love the beanie. This is a good entry for the E.

This is a cute illo. I also like the one below. Beautiful work.

I'm gonna hafta bookmark this blog.

aynaku said...

nice and colourful! i like his pose too...

Mary said...

Thanks for all the comments everyone! I appreciate the encouragement!! It's been fun so far :)

The Unknown said...

Nice one!
love

teahouse said...

I like the propellor on his cap. It just wouldn't be complete without it.

Jeope said...

Reminds me of that dudo from Animal House ... you know, the dudo ... with the cap ...

Nice! Two in a row! That's officially a streak!

Anonymous said...

That is cool :)

I need to learn how to do all of the cool stuff with Photoshop.

~Joy

Big Bro said...

Great job Kiddo! You inspire me to want to be an illustrator.

Mary said...

Bro, you already ARE an illustrator and you just don't know it :) And a GAZILLION times better than me.

Andy said...

Oh, that boy is "enormous," by the way. Nice illustration.