Manicures, Pedicures, & Highlights - OH MY!

This weekend I got a manicure, a pedicure, a haircut AND highlights! I am trying REALLY hard to grow my nails all pretty for whenever I get my ring :) I have NEVER had fingernails. I used to bite them. I stopped biting and then I clipped them to death and now I'm trying to break myself of that too! I have very, very thing nails, but for some reason, 2 nails survived and managed to get so long that I could keep them (after they get long enough, I can put strengthener on the underside and that saves them from "water damage".

Anywho, I would be devistated if I broke a nail at this point!

And, I needed a haircut SO bad, so I got 4.5" taken off and carmel/brown highlights added because my hair has always been very monotone. They are really subtle, but it gives my hair personality!

Yay for feelin' pretty :P



I don't know why the fake-ass french manicure is "in", but it is and I think it looks nice and clean!


Those two middle nails are the longest nails I've EVER HAD in my ENTIRE LIFE. One girls triumph over obsessive nail biting!


Goodbye long, scraggly hair, hello curls! It bounces back up without all that extra hair. You can sorta see a hint of highlight in this pic.


A blurry close-up of the highlights. There aren't many, but I kinda like how it makes my hair not so boring!



 

6 comments:

tamie said...

ooooh yay for nails... I used to bite mine too... I've had "fancy hands" as andrew calls them... for a while... but I broke my right index finger a few weeks ago...
mine are naturally french manicurie... almost as white as yours...
I need a hair cut too... but I am trying to grow it out and it's a pain in my ass...
yay for feeling pretty :)

devon said...

OMG! mary!! we are in the SAME boat!!! i've been a nail biter for 20 some YEARS and finally stopped two weeks before i got engaged. :) as soon as they are long enough, i'm getting a mani. ;) i probably could now, but i'm waiting until before my cousins wedding. :) GO US!!!!
yay for diamonds. i don't even feel like biting them now that they are so cute....

devon said...

OH! and your hair looks great!

Mary said...

I think I'm going to make manicures my way of keeping nails! LOL The more I get them done, the more I want them to look nice. I also have REALLY thin nails that break super-easy especially if they soak in water too long or something.

This is the girliest my hands have ever looked! LOL

Melissa said...

Aww, cute hair mary!! I wish I had curls like yours! I'm starting to grow a mullet, so I need to get a little trim. It's so tough having short hair because I'm too poor to go get it cut every few weeks!
I've always had really long, strong, girly nails. I taught myself to do manicures when I was in high school. I'd do them for my friends before dances and stuff! So I'll be all set for whenever I get my ring! ;-) Yay for diamonds!

Anonymous said...

I am thinking about shaving my head this coming summer. I cut it short as it is. I am getting married with hair on my head, that much I know.

Big Bro