Pat Robertson's big mouth...

I think it's really hillarious how many "shock & awe" reactions have come from Pat Robertson's declaration about how it would be easier to just assasinate the Pres. of Venezuela. I mean, we already knew he was crazy, but those radically religious people always are. However, can we really blame the guy for just SAYING what everyone in Washington has probably thought a million times about the Pres. of Venezuela along with lots of other foreign terrorists and political figures? That is actually a pretty ballsy thing for him to say.

I remember when I was a kid, my aunt used to watch The 700 Club and give money and all that crap. So, I got to thinking...where did the number 700 come from? Is that God's magic number? And since when did The 700 Club get all sophisticated and get the CNNish background going on? I remember when it was whicker furniture and the set resembled a nursing home waiting room. And all they talked about was giving money (of course), praying, and a little crying (just to drive the point home about how the praying worked better when you gave money). Now, The 700 Club is all political and "hard edged"....

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not a god person, but this reminded me of the lyrics from Fire Water Burn by The Bloodhound Gang:

"So if man is five and the Devil is six then that must make me seven"

So maybe seven is god's number or something. He did rest on the 7th day. I really have no idea.

~Joy

Anonymous said...

KRISTA:

but wait...isn't pat robertson supposedly religious? i thought it was against one of those pesky commandments to kill another person?
of course, this is also the idiot that said the jews fabricated the amount of deaths in the holocaust....