Sucky

Alabama is so sucky. So, we already have the worst summers ever because the temps here are in the 90's and then the humidity makes it like a miserable 100+ but to add never-ceasing tropical storms to the list? What the hell!

Alabama is soooo sucky that I would rather have 116 degree dry heat over our 95 degree swamp air any day! We have bugs too. LOTS of bugs. Saturday before the storms started we were at Patrick's parents helping his dad build up a carport before the weather got there (trying to protect the car from limbs, hail, etc.) and I thought I was going to get devoured by small, spindly-legged insects. I had to use bug spray and re-apply several times until finally my legs were nothing but a paste of bug spray, sweat, and dirt. The saving grace is that I look cute in carpenter shorts, I am pretty good with a hammer and I love electrical screwdrivers so the work was actually kinda fun.

The beach vacation was cancelled and may be on hold for quite a while the way the ocean keeps spitting out hurricanes. The sea is knocked up again and this time her name is Emily. Bitch. I hope she swirls around in the ocean, gets sick, and DIES.

 

2 comments:

tamie said...

well I'm glad you didn't get washed way... I was thinking about you and your beach holiday when I would see any images of the storms...

lmao swamp air... nice... it's hot here today... and humid.. but not as bad as swamp air... that just sounds gross on sooo many levels...

Anonymous said...

I'm in California, and you're not! HAHAHAHAHA!
;)
Just had to rub it in. I'm taking your word on Alabama sucking so much, so I will never go there. Ever.
~Joy