I'm a Lazy Dog

I SO don't want to do real work today!
A thread on the HOW mag forum was about handwriting and everyone was submitting their handwriting. I realized that I hardly ever EVER write anything by hand - I am always typing. It is kind of sad how much we rely on computers. Not that I am downing technology, I love technology! It's quick, it keeps getting more efficient and cheaper too.

(**side note** - I can hear my creative supervisor trying to sing a Hootie & the Blowfish song! LOL It is so SAD....)

Handwriting is going to be a lost art-form one day. Ever seen how beautiful your grandmother's old scrawling handwriting was? How perfectly slanted and ornate it was? It is hard to find handwriting like that anymore. I went to the POW museum in Andersonville, GA (the site of the Civil War POW camp) and the walls of the museum were covered with writing samples from letters from the prisoners. The handwriting from the civil war era was exquisite. The WW II samples were nice too.

Anyways, here is my handwriting. It is kind of plain & boring. I wish I could work on my penmanship, but how the hell am I going to do that if I keep typing on this blog, right?

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remember how beautiful Boss' handwriting was? My handwriting is just tiny...it is neat, but it is tiny as hell.

Big Bro

Anonymous said...

Backwards cursive!?

That sould be a sin.

~Joy

Mary said...

The backwards cursive used to flip my HS teachers out. I would turn in assignments (just ungraded stuff like "definitions") in using backwards cursive. I can write in backwards cursive about as fast as I can write regular.

Anonymous said...

You're a freak :)

~Joy

Anonymous said...

I have been searching backwards writing, as I can write backwards, backwards and upside down, upside down and of course forward in cursive. I think it means you are a great person.