My funny tanning story

So, about a week ago I had gone to the tanning bed after a good, long work out at the gym. I was laying there for like 18 minutes or so and feeling fine and then bed turned off and I got out, got dressed, was putting on my shoes when I started feeling REALLLLY weird...

The room was blurry...my hearing was all off-it was like I turned down my own volume... Well, I tried to shake it off, but couldn't, so I left the room and decided to get some water ASAP.

The new girl working at the tanning bed was walking by and I said in a really spacey voice "I don't feel so great...can I get some water?" and she looked at me all wide-eyed and nodded--didn't even say a word.

Next thing ya know, its dark and I hear "Sewing the seeds of looooove the seeeds of looooove SEWING THE SEEDS..." and I remember thinking "ooh, I like that song". It was the piped-in music...

Then I opened my eyes....

And I saw the ceiling.

Yes,,,, I had PASSED OUT LOL.
Totally passed out.

So, anyways, I got up from the floor and the girl is still all wide-eyed and silent. The other girl was calm as could be. I said to her,

"Was I on the floor?"

She handed me the water and I drank it.

After a little water I was FINE. Like totally fine and it didn't even feel like it had happened. I was pretty embarrassed at first, but then the girl told me it happens a lot. People just get over-heated and usually they are fine after some water....

The whole thing was pretty funny-especially hearing the music and the realization that was on the floor with my arms and legs all sprawled out. I wish I had a picture of that new girl's face.

And I learned a valuable lesson--DRINK MORE WATER :) LOL

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't want to sound like your mom or anything... but tanning beds are BAD. If you feel like you gotta get tan, just do that spray on stuff, the UVB rays in the beds are awful for you.
~Joy

Jeope said...

Or try out the Sun. It's free!

andrew said...

joy dont give mary a speech, she does not have the nice weather we have... she is alamba afterall.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, but if she was here she should wear sunblock. The rays are terrible people! It's better to be pale than to be dark with skin cancer. Unless your goal is to die of course.
~Joy

Mary said...

I know it isn't the healthiest thing to do. I am hoping that one day the spray-on tan stuff gets cheaper. To me, it is awefully expensive.

Hey, at least I've quit smoking! Been done with that for 7 months! Yay! One bad habit at a time....

:)

Anonymous said...

That's good :) smoking is a hard thing to stop doing so I've been told. Takes determination... and you're kicking ass at the gym, so I think you're pretty well off.
~Joy

devon said...

mary! omg! hydration girl hydration!!!! :X

Housewife said...

First let me say I am glad you are OK.

Secondly, howdy neighbor. I'm up here in north Alabama in Madison.

Thirdly, I LOVE your blog, especially the title, how clever.

And finally, I'm adding you to my blog roll. I enjoyed my stay here and plan on visiting again.

Thanks.