and THATS pretty busy!

Been busier than a one-legged man in a butt kickin' contest!

I have barely even had the time to look for Patrick's Vday present, but I finally have it! I knew what I was going to get him.

The gym hasn't been so bad. I'm really, really tired though. I hold up much better than I thought I would. Of course, you have the health girls who run for like an entire hour straight on the treadmill.

I got on one of those cross-trainers last night. That lasted all of 5 minutes! Good lord! It doesn't look that hard. Looks kinda fun, really. Then the muscles in your leg start to petrify and cramp up. I had to stop before I fell off the thing.

 

3 comments:

Joe said...

go mary! i always try to go a little bit longer than the last time...pretty soon, you'll be doing 30 minutes, no problem.

i never used to go to the gym, ever. then i started about a year and a half ago, and now i see what all the fuss is about. like, climbing stairs without getting winded, fewer backaches, better mood, more energy. it's fantastic.

Mary said...

Yay me! Joe, I'm glad to hear success stories like that... I need all the encouragement I can get! Granted, I've only been going 3 days, but we both worked out a total of an hour EACH time! Mostly walking and the bike. Did a little bit of weights for toning and what-not. It is kind of like a huge playground for adults. Plus, this gym has tv's on all the cardio equipment which is GREAT. I watched King of the Hill last night and CNN that really takes your mind off what you are doing.

devon said...

go mary!!! i have my own treadmill, courtusy of mah baby... and i walk on my lunchbreak and watch those judge judy shows...!!! total distraction. one time, the cats got on it, and THAT is a good time ;)

keep us abreast of your success!!