Miss Piggy is pretty!

I was rembering back to a time when I was a kid who watched lots of 80s cartoons. I had a pair of Muppet Show shoes with Miss Piggy on them and I remember how I used to think that Miss Piggy was the PRETTEST woman ever! I used to be so jealous of her blond hair and blue eyes because I thought that it was a fact that those qualities were superior to my dark hair and dark eyes. I used to wonder why such a stunninly beautiful Piggy would be with Kermit the Frog. I even had a pair of velcro shoes with Miss Piggy on them. When her body had finally worn off the sole of the shoe, I got ticked off and wanted new ones. What good was Miss Piggy shoes without Miss Piggy watching over my every step?

Now that I am an adult I realize, of course, how dumb it was for me to think that a puppet of a sow pig was beautiful. But, never-the-less, it goes to show you how easily kids know what is considered socially superior and how that can stick with a person for so long. Granted, I now realize that Miss Piggy is not the epitomy of beauty.

Now that I am older, I am also glad that I did rub that stupid, blond Piggy bi-yatch off the bottom of my shoes! HA! Blondes might be more fun, but at least brunettes know what they are laughing at...

Talk about a random tangent...

 

0 comments: