My Madonna Story

Okay, when I was 6 years old, I pretty much listened to everything popular on the radio and memorized the songs so I could be just like my brother and his friends. One day while in reading groups in the 1st grade, I asked to be excused to go to the bathroom. Back then the bathrooms were in the classroom and they were old and very, very small.

For SOME reason, I assumed that not only was it a bathroom, but a sound-proof room as well. So, during my bathroom break I decided to belt out the chorus of "Like A Virgin" as loud as I could. Seeing as how we were still reading about Dick and Jane and their dog Spot, the word "Virgin" had no meaning to my innocent little ears. I can still remember to this day pullin' up my pants and dancin' around in that little bathroom singing "TOUCHED FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME... LIKE A VIR-IR-IR-IR GIN....WITH YOUR HEARTBEAT NEXT TO MINE..."

When I got out of the bathroom, I was horrified because ALL my friends and classmates heard me singing. They were laughing and pointing . My teacher, however was at her desk with her head down and tears of laughter streaming down her face--seeing that she was the only person in the room who knew what "Virgin" meant. I was so completely horrified.

And that is my Madonna story.
THE END.

 

0 comments: