Since I quit...

smoking, I have taken up a little bit of cross-stitching because I really need to do something with my hands or else I get really antsy. The night before last, Patrick told me that I was going to make a really good grandma one day! What's that supposed to mean? I know that it isn't exactly the most youthful hobby in the world, but gee whiz. Is it my fault that all cross-stitch pattern kits are pretty ugly? I'm gonna give them away as gifts. I don't really like them, I just make them. I have, however, found an artist that can do some really cool stuff with embroidering. She would do portraits in thread and they were really cool--it was definately a work of fine art. That would be fun. Basically, if you can draw it out in a line drawing then you can stitch it. I've also been thinking about taking a photograph of something and imposing a grid on top, reducing the colors down to say 10 and making my own cross-stitch patterns. I wonder if I could sell them? To hip little old Grandmas maybe!

 

0 comments: